Monday, January 19, 2015

Without Further Ado...

Well, here it goes. I've long told myself I'm a strictly math and science, left-brained kind of guy, but this whole pilot's license journey in my life has made me realize that I can write about and share these amazing flying experiences with you all.

So, with that, I present to you Flight Over Matter.

If you're scratching your head and wondering where the blog title came from, look no further than retired collegiate athlete, current West Point cadet, and my good friend Peter Shares for the idea. A clever play on words on the brilliant song and album "Mind Over Matter" by Young the Giant (see YouTube link below), I figured it was fitting because I'm actually flying over stuff on the ground, ya know?! Maybe there's some deeper philosophical meaning behind it that I just haven't uncovered yet, but nonetheless, kudos to you, Pete, and thanks again for the idea.

I'll hopefully be posting more to this blog in the coming days/weeks because I've been asked a lot of questions about all the flying that I've been doing by a bunch of different friends and figured this was a good way to get it out to all of you. Plus, you reading about it and being able to go back and look at what I write is a lot better than me mindlessly trying to explain the concepts of flying/training to you verbally, in my humble opinion.

Also, I'd like to give a shoutout to Sam W., commercial pilot, whose blog I have been reading for a little over a year now, and who more or less gave me the idea to start blogging about my own flying.

If you'd like, you can read more about Sam's blog HERE

More to come soon...stay tuned

Mind Over Matter => CLICK HERE

**DISCLAIMER** - Poor grammar is certain to be used at some point along the way...oops?

No comments:

Post a Comment